Friday, October 10, 2008

Winding Down

It's the end of the day and I am finally finding a few moments to wind down before going to bed. Yes, this is being posted at 9:30pm, but keep in mind I still have much to do before turning out the lights. It has dawned on me a few times over the past couple of weeks just how much our life has changed from when Matt and I were first married and moved out to Arizona. Instead of cleaning up the dishes from a nice home cooked dinner, I find myself cleaning up bottles and frozen dinner wrappers. Instead of taking long walks in the evening with the dogs I often times will spend my evenings chasing a little one around the living room. I'm not complaining by any means, but it's just funny to see how different life can be when a family has been created. It's also interesting to notice that one is automatically inclued in a "mommie" world that only exists for those who have children. The play groups, babysitting, sharing and exchaning of toys/clothes/babyfood, baby showers, and instant conversation starters. Its rediculous!! Would you believe that I haveTHREE baby showers to go to just this month? I wonder what will happen in another two years when the next child comes along. . .

No comments: